Industrial Maintenance Technician
This program is designed to teach students the skills needed to begin a career as an Industrial Maintenance Technician.
Students in the program learn theory and experience hands-on opportunities in safety, fluid power, industrial mechanics, welding, programmable logic controllers, and preventive maintenance.
Employment Potential for Industrial Maintenance Technicians
Click the "Job Outlook" bar to look up the Department of Labor Statistics on your select field of interest. What does your future career pay? What are the job prospects? Are you attempting to study a "high demand" job? Find out.
• Job opportunities are expected to be very good for persons completing a year or more of training.
• Employment of Industrial Machinery Mechanics and Maintenance Workers and Millwrights is expected to grow by 17 percent from 2012 to 2022.
• Increased adoption of sophisticated manufacturing machinery will require more highly-skilled mechanics to keep machines in good working order.
• The median annual wage for Industrial Machinery Mechanics and Maintenance Workers and Millwrights is $45,840.
• The need to keep increasingly sophisticated machinery functioning and efficient will drive demand for these workers. Job prospects for qualified applicants should be very good
**According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2012. Additional information available at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/installation-maintenance-and-repair/industrial-machinery-mechanics-and-maintenance-workers-and-millwrights.htm
Benefits of Choosing Lawson State for Your Program
Personal Attention: Our average class has 10- 20 students; whereas the GIS Certificate Program will include 12–15 students.
The student-faculty ratio is only 13:1—one of the more desirable in higher education. At Lawson State Community College, you’ll enjoy extraordinary access to professors, resources, opportunities, and to the world.
Opportunities: 100% of graduates in 2011-12 and 2012-13 were employed as industrial maintenance technicians within 6 months of graduation.
Award Types and Course Listings
Short Certificate Program
The Certificate in Industrial Systems Maintenance (INT) at Lawson State Community College was designed with the working professional in mind. The focus of the curriculum is to align the outcomes with the needs of industry.
The INT short certificate can be completed in 1 year.
The industrial systems maintenance program is equipped with industry standard hands-on laboratory equipment. Students will train on Festo® Pneumatic systems, Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers, Rockwell automation software, Miller® and Lincoln® welders.
Search our online catalog for more information about your degree plan and course descriptions