TITLE: Public Disclosure
LEGAL AUTHORITY: President and Cabinet
DATE APPROVED: June 27, 2018
Lawson State Community College (The College) will comply with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) Institutional Obligation for Public Disclosure Policy. The College will provide its students, constituents and the public with information about itself that is complete, accurate, timely, accessible, clear and sufficient. Lawson State Community College will provide the following information:
- The institution’s current catalog that is consistent with the college’s mission statement and sets forth the obligations and responsibilities of students and the college. Lawson State Community College will ensure that its electronic catalog(s) are available and that archived editions of catalogs are sufficient to serve the needs of alumni, former and returning students.
- All forms of print and electronic communications officially representing the institution will be consistent with catalog content and accurately portray the conditions and opportunities available at the institution.
- The locations and programs available at branch campuses, and other off-campus instructional locations, at which students can enroll for a degree, along with a description of the programs and services available at each location.
- Published statements of its goals for student achievement and the success of students in achieving those goals. Information on student success may include reliable information on retention, graduation, course completion, licensure examinations, and job placement rates and other measures of student success appropriate to institutional mission.
- Readily available and valid documentation for any statements and promises regarding matters such as program excellence, learning outcomes, success in placement and achievements of graduates or faculty.
Representation of status with SACSCOC
Lawson State Community College will be accurate in reporting to the public its status with SACSCOC and will publish the name of its primary accreditor and its address and phone number in accordance with federal requirements.
The College will use the following statement:
Lawson State Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and School Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lawson State Community College.